- ½ cup sifted cake flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl, rapidly, until very thick and lemon colored, adding almond and vanilla flavorings during the beating.
- With clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff and shiny; begin to add sugar, not more than 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat constantly.
- Continue to beat rapidly until whites are very stiff and glossy.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg yolks.
- In the same manner fold in the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Using a small spatula and a measuring tablespoon, measure and droop onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until light and golden brown.
- Remove at once from sheet to cool.
Nutritional information Edit
One serving = 4 cookies:
- Calories 67 | cho 11 | pro 2 | fat 2 | na 9
- Exchange: 1 bread