Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 lb plain flour
- 6 oz margarine
- ½ oz yeast
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 oz Sugar
- 3 tbsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1½ pt milk
- 2 oz butter, for glaze
- Sprinkle the yeast into the water, to which 1 oz Sugar has already been added. Leave to rise.
- Sieve the flour and salt together then rub in the margarine. Warm the milk to tepid.
- Beat the eggs and add half of the warmed milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, add the yeast mixture, milk and egg and mix together into a pliable dough. Add more milk if required.
- Knead well, cut the dough in half to ensure that there are no bubbles, put back together and knead some more.
- Leave the dough to rise until it is about double in size.
- Cut into 84 pieces, knead each piece and form into rounds. Leave to rise again.
- Bake in a hot oven at 400 °F for 10 – 15 minutes. Allow to cool and glaze with butter.