- 2 1/2 lb. lean stew Beef or Lamb or venison
- 12 small onions (12 oz.)
- 3 large ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 oz. fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 c. tomato juice
- 1/2 c. dry red wine (Fratelli Cella Lambrusco or a red wine you like)
- 1/4 c. quick cooking tapioca
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a heavy 3-quart pot.
- Cover and bake, stirring 3 times for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Makes 10 servings; 270 calories per serving.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.