Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cooking, Canadian Diabetes Association
- 4 servings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 tsp flour
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 5 cup water
- 4 tsp beef bouillon, or cubes
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 slice French bread
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add sliced onion, cover, cook over low heat about 5 minutes until onion is tender.
- Remove lid, increase heat to high.
- Cook and stir until onions are golden.
- Reduce heat, stir in flour and wine.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Add water and bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place bread slices in 325°F oven 5 minutes to dry.
- Pour soup into 4 heated ovenproof bowls.
- Place a slice of bread on top of each; allow bread to soak up soup, then cover with ¼ cup cheese per bowl.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 – 30 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
Nutritional information Edit
Each 1 cup serving:
- 1 protein choice, 1½ starch, 1½ fat, 20 g carbohydrate, 11 g protein, 11 g fat (223 calories) choice