Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Very delicious soup. Enjoy with a piece of toast.
- 6 medium onions, sliced thin
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 7 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup apple juice (optional)
- 6 slices French bread (dried in oven)
- grated Swiss cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute onion in butter until it is soft.
- Then add sugar, salt, and nutmeg and toss in pan.
- Turn down heat to still cook, but not to get onions dark, but golden brown.
- Add hot broth and all other liquids.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 6 ovenproof casserole dishes or pots and top each with a piece of French bread.
- Put about 2 tbs of the Swiss cheese on top and cook at 300°F for 10 minutes.
- Serve with additional Swiss cheese and Parmesan.