Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 12 mushrooms
- 1 cup olive oil
- 12 small pearl onions
- 2 small Boston lettuce heads
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 ea celery stalks, diced
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 oz dry white wine
- 1 salt and pepper
- Clean mushrooms.
- Leave caps whole, but chop stems coarsely.
- Fry in ½ cup oil till soft.
- Set aside to drain.
- Peel onions, quarter lettuce and slice tomatoes.
- Add to a frying pan with celery, lemon juice, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaf, coriander, wine and the rest of the oil.
- Season and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- onions should be tender.
- Remove mushrooms to a shallow dish and bring remaining ingredients to a rapid boil for 4 minutes.
- Pour over mushrooms and chill till ready to serve.