- 2 cups dried French green lentils
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- olive oil as needed
- Bring large pot of water and lentils to a boil.
- Cook Lentils until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain any excess water. Transfer lentils to large serving bowl.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, parsley and garlic, and stir well.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and walnuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle oil over salad to taste.