Serve with a salad as a light lunch or use as an appetizer with Devil's sauce.
- 6 whole lobster tails
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz butter
- cracker meal
- salt and pepper
- lime juice (6 limes)
- 2 cups Evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- Break the shells on the back of the tails. Remove meat from tail. Cut lengthwise on undersides and remove vein. Wash in col water.
- Beat with a dull knife until tender. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and season thouroughly. Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Leave to stand for 2 hours. Crush crackers. Beat eggs and milk together. Dip lobster tails in egg mixture and roll in cracker crumbs.
- Fry in deep fat until golden brown. Place lobster tails on baking sheet and baste with butter-lime mixture.
- Bake at 200 °F for 45 minutes.
- Serve Immediately.