Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
The "Egg in a Hole" is a great comfort food. It's fried, it's simple to make and it tastes somewhat delicious. It's not entirely healthy, but it's not entirely terrible for you. For those of us living on a college budget with limited time to spend on a meal, this makes a great snack or breakfast for those high octane weeks. This recipe mixes in a bit of "French Toast" and makes a great "hybrid."
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices of bread
- olive oil
- milk / soy milk
- vanilla extract
- black pepper
- your choice of spices
- Crack egg into a bowl or glass
- Tear holes into the two slices of bread, tear and crumple the removed bread your tear out and place it into the egg in the glass
- Add 4 tablespoons of milk to the egg and bread
- Add a dash of vanilla extract to the egg and bread
- Beat the egg, bread, milk and vanilla until it is worked together well.
- Place olive oil in the skillet and place one or both slices of bread in the heated oil and pour half of the egg/bread mix into the hole of each bread slice.
- sprinkle/grind black pepper onto the tops.
- The trick here is to cook them on medium heat over a span of 20 or so minutes (usually 10 minutes per side) to crisp the bread and cook the egg thoroughly. Of course, you can cook it to your own preference.
- Flip once the egg in the middle has attained a stiffness allowing you to flip it.
- Once finished: eat it. Enjoy it. And I suggest a bit of ketchup with it.