Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Aluat frantuzesc II
- 1 lb / 500 g flour
- 14 oz / 400 g butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- juice from ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- flour for dusting
- Make a dough out of 8 oz / 250 g flour and the cubed butter.
- Knead quickly with a wooden spoon and roll into a slightly less than 1 inch thick square.
- Place on a floured plate and refrigerate.
- Prepare a dough from the remaining 8 oz / 250 g flour, water, lemon juice and salt, kneading well with your hands.
- Gather into a ball, cover and let rest for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Then roll this second dough into a sheet that is twice as wide and slightly longer than the sheet made from the butter dough.
- Place the butter dough sheet in the middle of the water dough sheet.
- Then cover the butter sheet with the corners of the water sheet, envelope style.
- Press down on the edges.
- Sprinkle flour on the pastry board, roll the dough into a ½ inch thick sheet, fold fourfold and refrigerate for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Repeat this folding-refrigerating procedure three times.
- Then roll into a ½ inch thick sheet and cut either into circles or squares.
- Put the desired filling (cheese, meat, etc.) in the middle of the dough pieces, wash with egg and bake for 10 – 15 minutes.