Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Aluat frantuzesc I
- 7 oz / 200 g flour
- 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
- water as needed
- flour to dust the pastry board
- Knead a medium stiff dough out of 7 oz / 200 g flour, 1 yolk, lemon juice, salt and water.
- Gather it into a ball and cover.
- In the meantime, mix 8 oz / 250 g butter or margarine with 4 oz / 100 g flour, knead quickly and set aside.
- Roll the dough with water into a pencil thin sheet.
- Lay the flattened, square butter dough in the middle of the water dough.
- The butter dough should be three times smaller than the water dough.
- Cover the small square with the larger one, envelope style, and place the dough on a plate.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pastry board with flour and then roll the dough into a squarish sheet.
- Fold three times lengthwise and three times crosswise.
- Refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure four times.
- Finally, roll into a square, cut into 4 finger thick strips and then cut each strip into squares.
- Place the desired filling (cheese, meat, etc.) in one corner and cover with the opposite corner.
- Bake at high heat.