- Loaf vegan French bread
- 15-20 fresh Mushrooms, depending on size and personal taste
- soy non-hydrogenated vegan margarine.
- Two or three cloves garlic
- 1/3 lb. of tofu Cheese
- Turn oven to broil. Slice Mushrooms and mince garlic into a skillet. Saute with the butter on medium heat until the Mushrooms are cooked and the garlic tender.
- Place the loaf on a cookie sheet and slit the vegan bread lengthwise, but don't cut it completely in half. Probably about 3/4 the way through its thickness. Spread the Mushrooms and margarine into the open vegan bread, and slice the Cheese thinly, about 1/8" to 1/4" thick. Place it on top of the bread, covering the Mushrooms completely. You may want to add a few pats of margarine to the top edges of the vegan bread.
- Place on the top rack of the oven and broil until vegan bread and Cheese turn brown.