Purchased from McNew estate in Pasadena, Texas in 1987. Date on card indicates it is a recipe taken from a church potluck. Dated 1944. 2/3-cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1 box white cake mix with pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups very ripe mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Mix water, vinegar and soda.
- Combine with cake mix and eggs.
- Stir until moistened.
- Scrape bowl with spatula.
- Add mashed bananas.
- Beat with electric mixer 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Blend in nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes