Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These gloriously dense, fudge-like brownies make a perfect dessert for large, informal gatherings. They are cut into bars rather than the more familiar squares.
- Makes 36 servings
- 8 oz. unsweetened chocolate, preferably Valrhona, chopped
- 1 cup (8 oz) unsalted butter, cut up
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp instant coffee crystals
- 4 cups sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, roasted and coarsely chopped..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 18 by 12-inch sheet cake pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the eggs, vanilla, almond extract, and instant coffee.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Fold in roasted peanuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until firm but still chewy and moist inside, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan, then turn out onto a second baking sheet lined with plastic wrap.
- Peel off foil.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut lengthwise into 3 equal rectangles, then cut each rectangle into twelve 1½ inch wide bars.