- 500 g zwarte-ogen (broad beans)
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 30 g pure chocolate
- 1 teaspoon mixed spices
- Wash and peel the broad beans.
- Combine the broad beans with coconut milk and 200 ml water and let them simmer approximately 1 hour, until tender.
- Add the sugar, allow the broad beans to cool down and mash them (or use a blender / food processor).
- Grate the chocolate and mix with a cup of water; stir until the chocolate is dissolved.
- Scoop the chocolate mixture and the mixed spices into the broad bean purée and warm thoroughly.
- Serve with fresh fish and gari or couscous.