Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You can find fraykee in many Middle Eastern stores or you can do as I have done: Substitute bulgur and toast it before using in the recipe.
- This recipe serves 4 as a starch dish.
- Heat a dry wok or heavy frying pan and stir the bulgur wheat until toasty and fragrant, just a few minutes.
- In a 2-quart covered pot place the bulgur, water, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring to a boil with the lid off.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow to sit in the pot for 5 minutes before removing the lid.
- Pan-toast the pine nuts in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Serve the fraykee in a large bowl, topped with the toasted pine nuts.