Frappe Coffee from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 1
- 2 spoons of instant coffee
- tall glass of cold water
- 1-3 spoonfuls of sugar (optional)
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
- milk (optional; condensed milk such as the Greek nou-nou works best)
- Put coffee and sugar in a shaker or tall glass and add cold water as high as it covers the mixture.
- Shake or stir with mixer until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Add cold water to fill the glass, ice cubes and as much milk (preferably evaporated or condensed milk) as you like.
- Drink with a straw.
- Ratio Sugar:Coffee — 2:1 Frappé glykos (Sweet Frappé)
- Ratio Sugar:Coffee — 1:1 Frappé metrios (Medium or Moderate Frappé)
- No sugar Frappé sketos
Notes, Tips and Variations=
- You can also add Baileys or a ball of ice cream.
- By including the ice when shaking or stirring the coffee, it allows the foam to become more aerated and frothier. Once this has been done, you can then top up with water and/or milk.