- 1 chicken cut up into pieces
- 2 onions
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon annatto powder (known in Brazil as urucum).
- 1 cup of freshly chopped parsley with green onions
- ½ cup oil
- 1 lb of chopped okra
- In a large sauté pan, combine the oil, salt, garlic powder, two chopped onions, and annatto powder.
- Place the chicken pieces and fry.
- Move the pieces with a wood spoon to evenly fry the pieces and make them get the yellow color from the annatto.
- Fry for about 20 minutes, or until medium done, and drain excess of fat.
- Return the sauté pan to heat and add about two cups of water to make a sauce.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes and finally combine the cup of chopped parsley, green onions and the lime juice.
- Add okra (you can buy them at any frozen section of grocery stores) and cook until tender.