Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 36 cookies
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant tea
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- fortunes on slips of paper
- Mix egg whites, sugar and salt thoroughly with spoon.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, except fortunes.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Have clean white cotton gloves ready to use when folding and shaping the hot cookies.
- If gloves are not available, use two pieces of paper towelling folded to several thicknesses to protect fingers from the hot cookies.
- Also have some clean muffin tins ready to hold baked cookies while they cool.
- Shape and bake 2 cookies at a time.
- For each cookie, drop 1 teaspoon batter onto a baking sheet.
- Spread the batter with back of spoon to make a 3-inch circle.
- Bake at 350f for 3 to 5 minutes, or until edges turn light brown.
- Work very quickly.
- Remove one cookie with wide spatula to counter top.
- Place a fortune paper across center of cookie.
- Using gloves or paper towelling, fold edge of cookie over to make a semicircle.
- Hold cookie on the ends and place the middle of folded edge over top of muffin pan; bend ends down.
- Place folded cookie carefully in a muffin cup to cool.
- Repeat process.
== Nutritional information Serving of 2 cookies: 80 calories, ½ starch/bread, 1 fat exchange 2 grams protein, 6 grams fat, 6 grams carbohydrate 84 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol