Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Total preparation and cooking time: 6½ to 8½ hours
- Makes 8 to 10 Servings
- 3 to 4 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1- to 1½-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into ½-inch wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) beef consommé
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 to 10 French rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cheddar jack shredded cheese or cheddar and Monterey jack with tomato and jalapeno pepper shredded cheese
- bell pepper rings, assorted
- Place onions in 4½- to 5½-quart slow cooker; top with beef for stew, then pepper slices.
- Combine consommé, soy sauce, tomato paste and garlic; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 6 to 7 hours or low 8 to 9 hours or until beef is fork-tender (no stirring necessary during cooking.).
- Serve in rolls with cheeses and other toppings, as desired.
Cook's Tip Edit
- Beef mixture can be kept hot on low for up to 2 hours.