- Mix the rice flour in a bowl with about 1 cup of water saving about 1 tablespoonful of the flour for coating the balls.
- Bring the rest of the water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the flour paste gradually into the simmering water and cook, stirring all the time until it forms a thick paste as the rice granules swell.
- When the rice is thoroughly cooked and contains no raw flavor, allow to cool slightly, and remove tablespoonful of the mixture.
- Form them into balls and coat with the rest of the rice flour.
- Serve cold.
- Milk may be added to the paste during cooking to improve the food value.