- Mix the potato buds and water together like mashed potatoes.
- Add egg replacer and flour.
- Knead lightly on floured board.
- Take a small portion at a time and roll on floured board into strips about 1 inch thick.
- Cut small pieces about 1 inch long.
- Roll each piece over a fork, making an impression with your thumb, to give the pieces the classic gnocchi shape.
- Be sure to keep the dough floured well, or it will become sticky.
- Place the pieces on a floured cookie sheet, making sure they don't touch.
- Drop the pieces into boiling water.
- After they reach the surface (which may be almost immediately), cook them gently (don't boil them!) for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and serve with the sauce of your choice.