Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fava bean soup
- 2 cups of fava beans, washed
- 6 cups of water
- 1 tap cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the fava beans over night in the 6 cups of water.
- Drain the beans but reserve the water and set aside.
- Remove the skins from the beans and put them in a saucepan.
- Measure the reserved soaking water and add enough to make six cups.
- Add this to the beans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to simmer 1 hour, until the beans are tender.
- Puree the beans in a blender.
- Return the bean puree to the saucepan, add remaining ingredients with exception of the parsley.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for another 5 minutes.