Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fava beans - This way of preparing fava beans, which are commonly eaten as a breakfast food in Sudan. The ingredients tend to be common for the dish but may be varied in their quantities.
- 1 x 16-ounce can cooked fava beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- salt, pepper, and red chili pepper to taste
- pita bread (optional)
- Pour the beans into a pot and bring to a boil for about 1 – 2 hours.. Mix them well and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil again, then reduce to medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- This dish is usually eaten with bread (Pita).
- I found that certain ingredients like; oil (olive, corn.. etc.)vinegar, lemon juice, black pepper, cumin, salt, tomatoes, onions (spring, white, red .. etc.), parsley, shatta (dry, fresh) form the basis of most recipes.
- Take your pick and mix it in any way you want depending on your mode and availability.
- Having said that we should not forget taheena and eggs. I am getting hungry here. Ummmm!!!