Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 Onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- one 16-ounce can black beans or 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 5 to 10 dashes Tabasco sauce or other hot red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the Onion, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until transparent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and roasted pepper, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the black beans, vinegar, and Tabasco sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and rice; mix well.
- Season to taste with the salt and black pepper.
- Serve accompanied by additionalhot pepper sauce.