- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. yeast
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- In bowl, stir all starter ingredients together. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes, or until yeast activates and begins producing bubbles.
- 1 cup semolina
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, rosemary and oregano
- 1 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
1. Preheat convection oven to 400F. or standard oven to 500F. Grease two 12 x 17-inch sheet pans.
3. Knead for 5 minutes, or until dough forms ball. Dough should be soft, but if not, add more water. If too wet, sprinkle in more flour. Divide dough in half. If using only one sheet pan, freeze half the dough.
4. Pat dough out ½-inch thick onto greased sheet pan. Set aside to proof for 2 to 3 hours.
6. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Bread is done when crust is golden. Cool before slicing.