The flavors of this hero sandwich can be varied by using different flavors of dressing.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 (1-pound) round focaccia bread, or substitute 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread.
- ½ cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli hard salami
- 10 (¾-ounce) slices deli Land o Lakes ® chedarella® or American cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 thin slices onion, separated into rings
- Carefully slice bread in half crosswise.
- Spread creamy Italian dressing on top and bottom halves of bread.
- To assemble, evenly layer bottom bread half with ½ of lettuce and remaining ingredients.
- Top with remaining lettuce leaves and bread half.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Cut into wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 Serving:
- Calories 420 | fat 23 g | cholesterol 50 mg | sodium 1400 mg | carbohydrates 28 g | dietary fiber 1 g | protein 24 g