The flavors of this hero sandwich can be varied by using different flavors of dressing. This simplified Italian version of the hero sandwich is made and packed with real salad dressing, cheese, turkey breast, and vegetables and is great for side dishes, appetizers, or the accompaniment to any meal.
- 1 (1-pound) round focaccia bread or 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread.
- ½ cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli hard salami
- 10 (¾-ounce) slices deli Land O'Lakes ® chedarella® or American cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 thin slices onion, separated into rings
- Carefully slice bread in half crosswise.
- Spread creamy Italian dressing on top and bottom halves of bread.
- To assemble, evenly layer bottom bread half with ½ of lettuce and remaining ingredients.
- Top with remaining lettuce leaves and bread half.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Cut into wedges. Serve warm and plain or with other side dishes or appetizers.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 Serving:
- Calories 420 | fat 23 g | cholesterol 50 mg | sodium 1400 mg | carbohydrates 28 g | dietary fiber 1 g | protein 24 g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 sandwiches