Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This version of the popular Italian flatbread gets a head start from thawed frozen bread dough. It takes 25 minutes to prepare and bakes in 8 minutes.
Sage and Onion topping Edit
- 1 med size onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sage, chopped fresh or 1 tsp sage, crushed dried
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
Rosemary and Raisin topping Edit
- ⅓ cup golden raisins, plumped in ¼ cup fresh orange juice, for 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped fresh or 1 tsp rosemary, crushed dried
Tomato topping Edit
- 1 fresh plum tomato, about ¼ lb sliced crosswise into paper-thin slices
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes, (packed dry), plumped in ⅓ cup of hot water for 5 minutes drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp oregano, crushed dried
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
Southwestern topping Edit
- Cut dough into 6 equal pieces.
- On a lightly floured board, roll each piece into 5-to-6 inch circle.
- Lightly spray three 12 by 15 inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place 2 circles of dough far apart on each sheet.
- Brush circles with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Lightly cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until dough rises and appears puffy, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 °F.
- Bake until puffed and golden (8 to 10 minutes).
- Serve warm. Best eaten same day; freeze for longer storage.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchange per serving:
- Sage and Onion topping: 1 starch/bread exchange | Cal: 106 | pro: 4g | car: 19g | fat: 2g | cho: 0mg | sod: 252mg
- Rosemary and Raisin topping: 1½ starch/bread exchange | Cal: 116 | pro: 4g | car: 22g | fat: 2g | cho: 0mg | sod: 208mg
- Tomato topping: 1½ bread/starch exchanges | Cal: 110 | pro: 4g | car: 21g | fat: 2g | cho: 0mg | sod: 256
- Southwestern topping: 1 bread/starch exchange | Cal: 120 | pro: 5g | car: 19g | fat: 3g | cho: 0mg | sod: 202mg