Gelatin is a great way to enjoy fruit.
- Fluffy Fruit Gelatin from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- Blend fruit with syrup at high speed until smooth.
- Pour puréed fruit back into measuring cup and add enough syrup or water to make one cup.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, pour into a bowl (deep enough to whip gelatin later).
- Stir in fruit puree.
- Refrigerate gelatin mixture until it piles softly, but is not firm.
- With cold beaters, whip the gelatin until foamy and doubled in volume.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Other fruits: Use pears, applesauce, or apricots in place of peaches.
- Fluffy Fruit Cream: Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream or nondairy whipped toppings after whipping the gelatin. Refrigerate until firm.