Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 frozen pie crust (most are vegan)
- ¾ cup slivered blanched almonds
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- 2 tablespoons (¼ stick) soy margarine
- egg replacer = 1 egg
- 4 – 5 ripe peaches
- ½ cup peach or apricot preserves
- Pre-bake pie crust according to package directions.
- Let cool slightly on a rack.
- Set over temperature to 400°F.
- Finely grind slivered almonds in processor.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons amaretto and soy marg and puree.
- Add egg replacer and process until well blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake until filling begins to brown and is springy to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack (can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature).
- If your peaches are very ripe, you can skip this part, but if not, it helps to blanch them first to easily remove the skins.
- To do this, bring medium pot of water to boil.
- Add peaches and blanch 30 seconds.
- Transfer to bowl of cold water, using slotted spoon.
- Peel peaches.
- Cut into slices.
- Drain well.
- Combine preserves and 1 tablespoon amaretto in heavy small saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring to melt preserves.
- Boil until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Brush some preserves over tart filling.
- Arrange peaches atop preserves in concentric circles, overlapping slices.
- Brush with remaining preserves.
- Can be prepared 3 hours ahead.
- Store at room temperature.