If you use a sugar free vanilla extract like Since Singing Dog Vanilla™, the only sugar source in this cake is the naturally occurring sugar in the almond flour. Top it with the Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse for a decadent sugar free treat.
- Serves: 8
- Brought to you by YC chocolate
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter (2 tsp to coat pan + 4 tsp to add to cake)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup less 2 Tbsp almond flour
- .38 lb melted YC Chocolate 70% Dark Chocolate for Cooking
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 egg yolks + 5 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. Singing Dog Vanilla™ pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9” Spring form pan with butter and dust with cocoa powder. (do not tap out excess)
- Combine melted chocolate and remaining butter. Stir until smooth and combined. In a large bowl combine the chocolate mixture with the almond flour, sour cream, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Stir until well-blended.
- With an electric mixture, beat egg whites and salt until stiff glossy peaks form. Add one-quarter of egg whites to the chocolate mixture to lighten. Gently fold in the remaining whites until no white streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 min or until cake has risen and is barely dry on the top. A wooden tooth pick inserted comes out with a lots of moist crumbs.
- Place cake, still in the pan, on a rack and cool until warm. Cake will fall dramatically. Loosen edges of the cake with a knife and remove the pan sides.
- This cake can be combined with the Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse and topped with toasted slivered almonds. Texture should be dense, moist and slightly fudgy .
- Chocolate can be melted on low microwave setting just until melted or over a double boiler.
Nutritional Information Edit
- 4 g Net Digestible Carbs per serving size (without mousse or almonds),
- 1 g Sugar