Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Paula in California at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold a quarter of the whites into the egg mixture to loosen it.
- Stir walnuts into mixture until thoroughly blended, fold in remaining egg whites carefully to maintain light texture.
- Pour batter into a lightly buttered and floured 8-inch cake pan and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 55 – 60 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Cool cake on a rack before turning out and then alternately dust with powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Slice and serve with fresh berries.