Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound (480 g) crabmeat, preferably lump
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 rib celery, finely minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons (11 g) minced flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup (11 g) unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) Old Bay seasoning or other seafood seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- Pick through crabmeat, removing all bits of shell.
- Place in a bowl and mix with shallots, bell peppers, celery, garlic, and parsley.
- Stir in bread crumbs, old bay seasoning, finely ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and egg.
- Wet your hands with cool water.
- Pat crab mixture into 4 large or 8 small patties.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, lightly coat a cast iron or heavy nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over high heat and add crab cakes.
- Brown for about 3 minutes per side, turning once, until golden brown and crusty.
- Serve hot with the salsa alongside.
Nutritional information Edit
- 170 calories (16% calories from fat) | 27g protein | 3g total fat (0.5g saturated fat) | 9g carbohydrates | 1g dietary fiber | 133g cholesterol | 672 mg sodium