This is something I made last week from adapting from Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook
- 6 servings
- 1½ cup hot cooked rice
- ¼ cup Weight Watchers' fat-free Parmesan Italian topping
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion tops
- 1 egg white + 8 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded fat-free white cheese
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp ground pepper
- ¼ tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pack (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry (I used fresh)
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- PAM a pie plate, 9 x 1 ¼ inches.
- Mix rice, Parmesan cheese, 1 tbsp green onion tops and the egg white with fork.
- Press mixture evenly on bottom and up side of pie plate. Do not leave any holes.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until almost peaking.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into rice shell.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.