Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Delicious Flemish yeast for any moment of the day, try it ! Requires basic cooking skills.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 150ml/5fl.oz. Warm milk
- Approx 175g/6oz plain flour
- 50g/2oz Sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 tbsp butter, melted
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients with a whisk then make a well in the centre and pour in the egg, yeast mixture, and butter. Gradually work the flour into the liquid ingredients until you have a smooth, soft dough.
3. If necessary, add a little more flour to make a dough that does not stick to your fingers and can be rolled out easily. Do not knead or over work or it will become tough.
4. Form the dough into a ball, place in a large lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
6. Punch down the dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface and using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a round, about 6mm/1/4-inch thick.
7. Line the prepared flan tin with the pastry, trim the edges and prick holes on the base with a fork.
8. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave the dough to rest and rise again for 20 minutes before filling and baking.