- 450 g / 1 lb fresh asparagus
- salt and pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 100 g/ 4oz butter
- 2 tsp chives, chopped
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- Prepare the asparagus but washing well under cold water and cutting off any woody stems.
- Boil in salted water for 15 minutes, depending on size.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut the hard boiled eggs in half and separate the yolks.
- Finely chop the whites and yolks separately.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan but do not allow to colour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve - pour the butter over the asparagus and garnish with the chopped egg whites and yolks.
- Sprinkle with herbs.