Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fleisch perisky are meat buns which are traditionally served warm as an accompaniment for borscht, but they also make an exceptional appetizers or snacks.
Bun dough Edit
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fast rising yeast
- ½ cup melted margarine
- ½ cup melted lard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 cups warm milk
- 1 egg
- 12 cups all-purpose flour (or more)
Meat filling Edit
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 envelopes Lipton onion soup mix
- ½ package no-name onion soup mix
- 1 – 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
- Melt ½ cup margarine in a separate saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2 T. flour, stirring to incorporate.
- Add dry onion soup mixes and water to make a thick gravy.
- Bring to boil.
- Pour gravy over browned beef and simmer for about 1 hour. (I do this in my oven),
- Add fine dry bread crumbs just enough so mixture hold together. Do this just before you start forming your meat buns.
- In my Bosch mixing bowl mix the warm water, sugar and yeast.
- Warm the milk, margarine and lard in the Microwave about 3 – 4 minutes, until margarine and lard have melted.
- Add to yeast mixture, and add about 8 cups of flour.
- Allow this to proof, then add salt, egg and remaining flour, just enough to make a soft dough, allowing the machine to kneed the dough.
- Place dough in a large bowl ( I use my Tupperware™ fix-n-mix bowl). Let rise 10 – 15 minutes.
- Form perisky by pinching off pieces of dough the size of a walnut. Flatten the dough in your palm of hand and put about 1 tsp. filling on the dough. Pinch dough around the filling to seal well.
- Place on baking sheets and let rise. You can often starting baking the first pans before you are finished panning the remaining ones.
- Bake at 400 °F for 10 – 12 minutes or golden brown.
- Enjoy !