Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thanks to purchased frozen dough, this bread is a snap to make. Serve it with soups, salads and pastas.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 1 flatbread.
- 1 pound frozen white bread dough (⅓ of 3-pound package), thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- Place dough in large bowl. Cover with towel and let rise in warm draft-free area until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat Oven to 450°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add mustard, mustard seeds and thyme and stir 1 minute. Cool.
- Oil a large baking sheet.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on floured surface to 14x5-inch rectangle.
- Spread ⅓ cup onion mixture evenly over dough.
- Starting at 1 short end, roll up dough jelly roll style.
- Using rolling pin, roll out dough to 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle remaining onion mixture atop dough.
- Bake bread until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.