Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flat bread of Norwegian origin, it is wafer-thin, and made from whole grain and served with salad, cheese or soup.
- ½ cup (1¼ dl) lard, melted
- ¼ cup (½ dl) sugar
- ½ cup (1¼ dl) oatmeal flour
- 1 cup (2½ dl) graham flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups (3½ dl) buttermilk
- unbleached flour as needed
- Combine ingredients, adding white flour to make dough workable.
- Roll out into rounds with grooved rolling pin and a pastry cloth.
- Cut into pieces and bake on cookie sheet in a 350°F (175°C) oven for about 8 minutes or until crisp.