- 4 oz margarine
- 4 oz soft brown sugar
- 3 oz golden syrup
- 8 oz porridge oats
- 2 oz Sultana's
- 2 oz chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 4.
- Use either a non-stick square or oblong tin about one and a half inches deep.
- Put Sugar, Syrup, and margarine in a pan and melt gently.
- Pour into a bowl over porridge oats, nut's and Sultanas and mix well.
- Put in the tin and flatten top slightly.
- Bake in oven Gas 4 for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and cut the desired shape either square or oblong and leave in tin to cool.
- Store in an airtight tin.
- You can replace the nut's and Sultanas with anything else, I use dried banana chips, coconut, currants, Raisins walnuts or any other nuts but chopped.