Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Easter cheese cakes
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 oz halloumi or mozzarella
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp crushed dried mint
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Stir in the yeast, salt and sugar.
- Add the oil and enough water to make a firm dough.
- Knead for at least 5 minutes.
- Put into a polythene bag and leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- Coarsely grate the cheeses, add flour and baking powder then gradually stir in the mint and beaten eggs until you have a stiffish paste.
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C / gas mark 8.
- Divide the dough into egg size pieces and roll into 4 " discs.
- Put a generous tbsp of filling in the centre of each disc and spread slightly.
- Pull the dough up at 4 points to make a square.
- Press the corners together to seal and leave to rise.