Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Food Network Kitchens, © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into 2 equal pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 ounces (½ bag) Italian salad blend
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the steaks and cook, tuning each once, until seared and rich mahogany, about 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the steaks to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Pull the skillet from the heat, add the vinegar, and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits that cling to the pan.
- Stir in the oregano, butter, and any juices from the steak, until the butter melts.
- Add the greens to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and toss just until they begin to wilt, about 30 seconds.
- Slice the meat against the grain into thin slices, divide between 2 plates, top with the greens and the pan juices.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 473 | Fat 29 grams (12 g saturated) | Carbohydrates 2.5 grams | Fiber 1 gram