Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Food Network Kitchens, © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into 2 equal pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 ounces (½ bag) Italian salad blend
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the steaks and cook, tuning each once, until seared and rich mahogany, about 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the steaks to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Pull the skillet from the heat, add the vinegar, and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits that cling to the pan.
- Stir in the oregano, butter, and any juices from the steak, until the butter melts.
- Add the greens to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and toss just until they begin to wilt, about 30 seconds.
- Slice the meat against the grain into thin slices, divide between 2 plates, top with the greens and the pan juices.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 473 | Fat 29 grams (12 g saturated) | Carbohydrates 2.5 grams | Fiber 1 gram