Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flemish style dish, a complete meal providing taste and nutrition ! Enjoy !
- First prepare the pastry: dilute the yeast in warmed milk and melt the butter.
- Sift the flour in a large bowl and add gradually the milk and yeast mixture and melted butter.
- Beat in the egg and salt.
- Knead the dough vigorously, shape it into a ball, wrap it in greaseproof paper and leave it to rise in a warmish place for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile chop the chicons finely and stew them gently in 30 g butter for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, add the cream cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry fairly thin, line a pie plate or flan dish with it, and prick the surface with a fork.
- Spread the chicons over the pastry and pour the cream mixture over them.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven for 15–20 minutes or until the flan has set and browned.