Serving Size: 1
- 1 large head napa cabbage
- 5 habanero peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 green onions
- 1 slice fresh ginger (½" thick)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Cut cabbage into 1-inch slices.
- Dissolve about 1-2 tablespoons salt in enough water to cover cabbage slices in a non-reactive container.
- Leave cabbage to soak in salted water for 12 to 24 hours at room temperature.
- Rinse cabbage well, drain, and set aside.
- Chop peppers (with seeds), green onions, garlic, ginger and ginger, and mix with 1 tablespoon salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pack cabbage in a non-reactive container, cover with water and gently stir in chopped pepper mixture.
- Refrigerate for several days before serving.
- Keeps quite a while if stored in refrigerator.
- Remove kimchee from liquid before serving.