Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serving Size: 1
- 1 large head napa cabbage
- 5 habanero peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 green onions
- 1 slice fresh ginger (½" thick)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Cut cabbage into 1-inch slices.
- Dissolve about 1-2 tablespoons salt in enough water to cover cabbage slices in a non-reactive container.
- Leave cabbage to soak in salted water for 12 to 24 hours at room temperature.
- Rinse cabbage well, drain, and set aside.
- Chop peppers (with seeds), green onions, garlic, ginger and ginger, and mix with 1 tablespoon salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pack cabbage in a non-reactive container, cover with water and gently stir in chopped pepper mixture.
- Refrigerate for several days before serving.
- Keeps quite a while if stored in refrigerator.
- Remove kimchee from liquid before serving.