Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ pounds very lean skirt or bottom-round steak, cut ¼-inch thick and trimmed of visible fat
- 1 lime
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 to 2 tsp pequin quebrado or crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup brandy
- 4 to 6 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 to 6 romaine lettuce leaves, cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- salsa, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream,and guacamole, for serving with the fajitas, if desired
- Cut the steak into 4 to 6 equal-size rectangles.
- Pound the steak pieces to flatten them as thin as possible.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice over both sides of each piece of steak.
- Stack the steaks on a plate and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees f.
- Place a large, well-seasoned, cash-iron skillet over high heat until very hot (it should smoke).
- At the same time, stack the tortillas, wrap in foil, and place in the oven along with 4 to 6 dinner plates.
- Add the oil to the skillet and quickly sear the meat on both sides.
- Add the brandy to the hot skillet.
- Flame the meat by touching the brandy with a lighted match and let the flames burn down. (keep a large piece of foil or a skillet lid nearby in case the flames rise too high. Just cover them until they subside.)
- Top the warm tortillas with lettuce and pieces of steak.
- Garnish with salsa, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, and guacamole, if desired.
- To serve,roll each tortilla around the mixture.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.