This is a real delicious dish. Note that the cooking time is extensive, but it is worth every minute!
- Cut the rind of the pork and season it with salt and pepper.
- Peel and slice the apples and spread with the prunes over two thirds of the pork and roll it like a roulade.
- Tie with cotton.
- Brown the roulade in a large pan and add water and a little browning.
- Simmer for about 2 hours or until tender.
- Slice roulade and serve with the thickened sauce, boiled potatoes, cranberry or red currant jelly and red cabbage.
- The roulade can also be cooked in the oven for 2 hours at 170°C.