Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At the bottom I have included Six Flavor Pound Cake and Seven Flavor Pound Cake variations. Also, you can make a 5 flavor cake with a 6 flavor glaze or any other combination.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 hours | 20 min prep
- 12 servings / 1 Bundt cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- ½ teaspoon butter flavor extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 10-inch tube or bundt cake pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk and 1 teaspoon of each of the 5 extracts; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and 3 cups of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1½ hours, or until cake tests done.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes and then pour ½ of glaze over cake (while still in pan).
- Let sit for another 5 minutes and then turn cake out of pan onto wire rack (with waxed paper under rack to catch drippings).
- Slowly spoon remaining glaze onto top of hot cake.
- Cool completely before serving.
- In saucepan, combine ½ cup sugar, water and ½ teaspoon of each of the 5 extracts.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Six-flavor cake/glaze: add 1 teaspoon of almond extract to five flavor cake ingredients and ½ teaspoon almond extract to five-flavor glaze ingredients.
- Seven-flavor cake/glaze: add 1 teaspoon pineapple flavored extract to six-flavor cake and ½ teaspoon pineapple flavored extract to six-flavor glaze