At the bottom I have included Six Flavor Pound Cake and Seven Flavor Pound Cake variations. Also, you can make a 5 flavor cake with a 6 flavor glaze or any other combination.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 hours | 20 min prep
- 12 servings / 1 Bundt cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- ½ teaspoon butter flavor extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 10-inch tube or bundt cake pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk and 1 teaspoon of each of the 5 extracts; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and 3 cups of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1½ hours, or until cake tests done.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes and then pour ½ of glaze over cake (while still in pan).
- Let sit for another 5 minutes and then turn cake out of pan onto wire rack (with waxed paper under rack to catch drippings).
- Slowly spoon remaining glaze onto top of hot cake.
- Cool completely before serving.
- In saucepan, combine ½ cup sugar, water and ½ teaspoon of each of the 5 extracts.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Six-flavor cake/glaze: add 1 teaspoon of almond extract to five flavor cake ingredients and ½ teaspoon almond extract to five-flavor glaze ingredients.
- Seven-flavor cake/glaze: add 1 teaspoon pineapple flavored extract to six-flavor cake and ½ teaspoon pineapple flavored extract to six-flavor glaze