Traditional Icelandic Fish Balls
- 500 g (1 lbs) haddock fillets, skinned
- 2 – 3 teaspoons salt
- ⅙ teaspoon pepper
- 2½ tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 – 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 onions
- 5 dl (1 pint) milk
- oil or margarine - for frying
- Mince the fish with the onions, at least twice.
- Stir in the flour, eggs, salt and pepper, adding the milk gradually and stir well.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Form the fish balls with a tablespoon and fry on both sides.
- Served with brown sauce or tomato sauce, boiled potatoes and vegetables of your choice.