Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Traditional Icelandic Fish Balls
- 500 g (1 lbs) haddock fillets, skinned
- 2 – 3 teaspoons salt
- ⅙ teaspoon pepper
- 2½ tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 – 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 onions
- 5 dl (1 pint) milk
- oil or margarine - for frying
- Mince the fish with the onions, at least twice.
- Stir in the flour, eggs, salt and pepper, adding the milk gradually and stir well.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Form the fish balls with a tablespoon and fry on both sides.
- Served with brown sauce or tomato sauce, boiled potatoes and vegetables of your choice.