This wonderful Danish open sandwich is always the first your Danish guests will choose when coming for lunch. The crispy fillet of fish, on a dark and delicious slice of rye bread, decorated with the famous Danish remoulade sauce and lemon wedges is both beautiful and scrumptious.
- 1 slices rye bread
- 1 – 2 fillets of plaice or flounder
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 50 g butter
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper, and dip in the whipped up egg on both sides.
- Then the fillets are covered with a thick layer of breadcrumb.
- Fry the fish in the oil and butter, until golden brown and crispy.
- Place the fish on the buttered rye bread and decorate with lemon wedges and sauce remoulade.