Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This wonderful Danish open sandwich is always the first your Danish guests will choose when coming for lunch. The crispy fillet of fish, on a dark and delicious slice of rye bread, decorated with the famous Danish remoulade sauce and lemon wedges is both beautiful and scrumptious.
- 1 slices rye bread
- 1 – 2 fillets of plaice or flounder
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 50 g butter
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper, and dip in the whipped up egg on both sides.
- Then the fillets are covered with a thick layer of breadcrumb.
- Fry the fish in the oil and butter, until golden brown and crispy.
- Place the fish on the buttered rye bread and decorate with lemon wedges and sauce remoulade.