Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fish with sorrel
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 freshwater fish, cleaned and cut into serving portions
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 chili pepper, chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 bunch of fresh sorrel leaves
- bay leaf
- grated nutmeg (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
Heat a few spoonfuls of oil in a saucepan. Fry the Onion and garlic, then add the chili pepper, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir in enough water to make a smooth sauce. Heat the mixture to a slow boil.